Για την υλοποίηση εκπαιδευτικού προγράμματος για ανήλικους μετανάστες στην Αθήνα και την Θεσσαλονίκη, ζητούνται προς άμεση πρόσληψη δύο κοινωνικοί λειτουργοί, από την "ΕΛΙΞ".
Αιτήσεις μπορούν να γίνουν για δύο κατηγορίες θέσεων:
- ATHEDU-SOCI (Αθήνα)
- THESEDU-SOCI (Θεσσαλονίκη)
Προθεσμία για την κατάθεση των αιτήσεων ενδιαφέροντος είναι η 31η Δεκεμβρίου 2016 σύμφωνα με τις οδηγίες που θα βρείτε παρακάτω.
The non-governmental, non-profit organization ELIX Conservation Volunteers Greece has been cultivating voluntary conscience and promoting voluntary service. ELIX’s main target is the contribution in the development of the person and his evolution as citizen of the world through his active participation in public life.
ELIX realizes international actions of voluntary participation with main targets the protection of the environment, the preservation of cultural heritage, the promotion of civilization and social service. In order to realize its actions, the organization cooperates with Local Authority Organizations, Government Bodies, Companies and Institutions.
After several years of experience in non-formal education activities with children with a disadvantaged socioeconomic status, ELIX in cooperation with Finn Church Aid (FCA) and funded by UNICEF will be implementing non-formal education activities and enhance psychosocial well being and positive integration for refugee children aged 3–17 years in Attica and Central Macedonia.
Position: Social Worker (2 positions)
Codes: ATHEDU-SOCI / THESEDU-SOCI
Duration: 6 months (January-June 2017) (with possibility of extension)
Employment type: Full-time or Part-time
Location: Athens / Thessaloniki
Closing date: December 31st, 2016
ELIX is recruiting 1+1 Social Workers for an Education Project addressed to refugee children aged 3-17 years.
The one position is based in Athens (ATHEDU-SOCI), namely the refugee site of Eleonas as well as other urban areas in Athens.
The other position is based in Thessaloniki (THESEDU-SOCI), namely the refugee sites of Derveni-ALEXYL, Kavallari-SINATEX and urban areas in Thessaloniki.
The Social Worker will work directly with the project’s Senior Teachers and Field Coordinator to raise awareness regarding the project activities and provide group psychosocial support.
S/he will be responsible to prepare and facilitate meetings with parents and other community members as well as for the caseload and referrals. S/he will cooperate with the teachers team to support individual needs of children.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to the following:
– Provide individual case management for refugee children in accordance with all case management steps and related tools and procedures
– Get regular feedback from the teachers in relation to the identification within the activities of children in need of further assistance and prepare referrals to other supportive networks when needed
– Ensure s/he is accessible to project staff when they suspect or observe or informed of a child or children at risk of abuse or being mistreated and take necessary action
– In cooperation with the Senior Teacher and the teachers prepare recreational activities for targeted children
– Support parents and define and implement psychosocial support activities according to their needs and situation
– Plan and implement community meetings to raise awareness regarding the project or other important issues
– Participate in parents and site meetings
– Prepare monthly and quarterly monitoring reports
– Support joint events with children from the host communities for community harmonization
– Actively attend supportive training and experience sharing meetings
Qualifications and Key Competencies
– Technical diploma or degree in social work
– At least one year social work experience and/or experience in humanitarian work preferably in emergencies; previous working experience with local or international NGOs will be considered as an advantage
– Experience of community-based or community mobilisation work in a humanitarian context is a strong advantage
– Experience in working with children and/or in educational context
– Ability to work with refugees in underprivileged settings
– Strong verbal and written English skills
– Working knowledge of Arabic or Farsi is an added advantage
– Strong computer skills
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills especially with children
– Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principle
– Flexible, enthusiastic and willing to learn from others
– Ability to multitask and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines
– Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment
– Commitment and respect of the UNICEF, FCA and ELIX policies
– A certificate of good conduct (no criminal record) will be asked before employment
All candidates must have:
1. The Greek nationality or the nationality of an EU member state. If a candidate has the nationality of an EU member state, they should definitely have excellent speaking, reading and writing skills of the Greek language according to the Greek law P.D. 50/2001, article 28 par. 4, and its amendments.
2. Candidates ought to have completed their military obligations or be legally exempted by them (for men).
Then apply for this position by filling in the following form.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages), both in English, to ELIX: Judith Wunderlich-Antoniou, [email protected]
The respective vacancy notice code ATHEDU-SOCI or THESEDU-SOCI and the applicant’s full name must be quoted in the email subject line.
CV only applications will not be considered.
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with these positions.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on 31st of December.