We have one common vision at IKEA: to help our customers enjoy a better everyday life at home.
We take our vision very seriously.
We all choose to work at IKEA because we share the unique company culture and values. We are passionate about our business and strive for high performance. We have fun at work and a human approach while performing.
When you work with us, you’ll enjoy a diverse group of people who value working together. You will enjoy an open and inclusive culture where you can be yourself. At IKEA we always do our jobs knowing that we can achieve great things when many people work together.
IKEA shopkeepers have one of the most dynamic and rewarding positions in an IKEA store. Your challenge will be to optimise sales and profitability within a shop and store by leading and inspiring your team and combining your knowledge of the IKEA product range with your knowledge of the local market and the needs of customers.
For our store in Athens - Airport, we are looking for:
Sales Areas Shopkeeper (Υπεύθυνο Τμήματος Πωλήσεων)
Reporting to the Sales Areas Coordinator, you will be responsible and accountable for:
- Steering towards maximizing all commercial KPIs of your area of responsibility
- Steering towards improving the profitability
- Ensuring the best possible customer service and have customers in focus as your first priority
- Delivering the commercial action plan for your area of responsibility
- Implementing the actions agreed in order to improve the Customer Service and Employee Satisfaction indices
- Closely monitoring, controlling and improving all operating costs and KPIs’ related to the area of responsibility
- Selecting, developing and maintaining a motivated team capable of producing the agreed objectives
- Assuming projects that your Supervisor appoints and bringing them to the desired result in the agreed deadlines
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in a managerial position ideally in the high volume Retail
- Good People management skills
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer Orientation and Commercial focus
- Analytical and Synthesis Skills
- Very good planning, organizational and follow up skills and team oriented personality
- Achievement drive, initiative taking and problem solving skills
- University Degree (preferably in Business Administration)
- Very Good command of the English language
- Good use of MS Office
- Ability to work under pressure and strict deadlines
You lead by example. You dare to be different with a meaning while being cost conscious and strive for simplicity. You are humble and willing to give and take responsibility. You have a hands on and Customer service driven approach that brings results. You have passion for home furnishing and retailing.
What we offer:
- Career and development prospects in one of the most successful commercial groups in the Balkans
- Extensive continuous training
- Competitive remuneration package
IKEA started its operation in Greece through House Market, a member of Fourlis Group of Companies, and counts 5 stores in Greece (Athens, Thessaloniki, Larissa, and Ioannina), 1 in Cyprus (Nicosia) and 1 in Bulgaria (Sofia). IKEA – House Market also operates 6 Pick-Up-Points (Rhodes, Patra, Chania, Heraklion, Komotini, Kalamata) and 3 in Bulgaria (Varna, Plovdiv & Burgas).
If you want to develop your career in a fast paced retail environment and are committed to achieve superb results, then
get in touch with us by 10/10/2019, through submitting your complete resume at