Ikos Resorts is a chain of 5* luxury all-inclusive resorts across the Mediterranean that combines five-star service with the ease and comfort of luxury all-inclusive. Ikos Resorts offer an unforgettable stay with distinctive touches such as Michelin-starred menus, signature cocktails by top mixologists and kids clubs-all included. A career at Ikos Resorts means being part of an ever-growing, dynamic team. Every one of our employees plays a vital role in the running of our operations, receiving extensive training and numerous career development opportunities. We cultivate a culture of excellence in which people enjoy working together and share our passion for creating a unique holiday experience for our guests.
Working at Ikos Resorts means you are communicative, smiley, team player and eager to develop within the Tourism & Hospitality Industry!
Check our open position and apply now:
Chef de Cuisine, à la carte restaurant
Resort: Ikos Aria | www.ikosresorts.com/resorts/ikos-aria/
Location: Kos, Greece
Contract: Full Time /seasonal
Start Date: March / April 2020
Position Ref. Code: IAR/CFA020
As a Chef de Cuisine in one of our thematic à la carte restaurants you will be leading a team of cooks, stewards and kitchen assistants following Executive Chef’s guidelines. You will lead by example, ensuring that the kitchen team operates following the company’s standards of service excellence and teamwork.
Your main responsibilities:
- Organize and supervise staff shifts
- Appraise staff performance and provide feedback to improve productivity
- Ensure compliance with sanitation and safety regulations within the kitchen area
- Delegate tasks to kitchen staff
- Ensure correct plate presentation as specified by the Executive Chef
- Supervise kitchen team and assist as needed
- Monitor food stock and place orders while checking freshness of food and discard out-of-date items
- Experiment with recipes and suggest new ingredients in cooperation with the Executive Chef
- Enhance a teamwork environment, leading by example
Your main qualifications/skills:
- Proven work experience as a Chef de Cuisine or Sous Chef within an a la carte restaurant operating with high quality standards
- Team management skills
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes in addition to sanitation regulations
- Culinary school diploma
What we offer:
- General hospitality & Departmental Trainings
- Single or Shared Accommodation, Full Board meals
- Free transportation to work
- Career development opportunities in one of the world’s top awarded and developing companies
If this looks like the right job for you, send your CV and join our growing team!
We are an equal opportunities employer. All applications will be considered as confidential.
We respect your privacy by adhering to the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Learn more about the protection of your personal data on our Job Applicants Privacy Notice page.