Director, Artificial Intelligence Center (19000023)
AMC on behalf of its client a well established University in Saudi Arabia , is seeking to appoint the following
Position Director, Artificial Intelligence Center
Department Artificial Intelligence Center
Reports to Vice Rector for Graduate Studies, Research, and Accreditation
Technological progress and scientific discoveries have made economic activity mostly knowledge-based and have accelerated growth. It is only possible to meet all the challenges thus imposed, through decisions that are mainly based on research and studies that take into consideration the problems but also anticipate future trends and global expectations. Decision makers are in dire need for research and in-depth and artificial intelligence that produce enlightened recommendations and help make the most suitable choices, while avoiding risks and overcoming challenges.
University strives to develop human intelligence, disseminate knowledge and find solutions based on research and scientific studies of problems experienced by societies. Based on its vision and mission in serving the local and international communities, and with the expertise, potential and facilities supporting scientific research and studies, and outreach activities, the University has established the Center for Futuristic Research and Studies and is inviting applications for the position of Director of the Center.
The Director of the Artificial Intelligence is a highly ranked scholar who will oversee the Center’s activities and operations within the organization. The Director will:
- Be expected to create the vision for the center and lead it to international prominence in several areas of research, real-world applications, work-force preparation, and job creation in intelligent systems. The center will be housed centrally in the University, and the Director will have significant input into the design and function of the space.
- Develop, implement and administer the vision, strategy, and goals of the various research and training programs within the Artificial Intelligence Center. The role of this position is to oversee the AI Center in strategic development, long-range planning, partnership development, and fundraising through sponsored projects, corporate partnerships, and philanthropy.
- Engage meaningfully with both internal and external stakeholders with the energy, resilience and vision to take on leadership of the Center.
- Display outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to drive development of staff and further strengthening of the Center’s capability across research, training, and especially engagement with industry and the community.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead strategic planning and analysis for complex functions or programs with significant business, regulatory and/or technical challenges requiring subject matter expertise.
- Provide development of initiative or function from initial concept to implementation.
- Manage the administration and evaluation of initiatives or functions.
- Oversee the interpretation, implementation and compliance with policies and regulations.
- Recommend actions and/or resolve complex issues that often span organizational boundaries.
- Represent the center or function at the university level and/or to external/internal stakeholders and constituencies.
- Develop and manage outreach strategy that includes relationship development, communications, and compliance.
- Oversee or supervise staff in the development and implementation of initiatives or functions.
- Develop and/or oversee budgets; manage finances including monitoring, analyzing, forecasting, and reporting.
- Plan and lead small-group mentoring session with AIC and senior AI researchers and other participants.
- Conduct convergent, team-oriented, high impact research, with a substantial portfolio of competitive and center- scale research funds from external sponsors.
- Engage with key industries/services in the region and foster an entrepreneurial ecosystem with joint projects, technology transfer, and startup formation.
- Conduct advance AI education and training programs across the University and the province.
- Position the Center for national prominence in niche areas within the stipulated time period.
- Lead multidisciplinary project teams.
- Other duties assigned by PMU Management.
Qualifications & Experience (Required)
Suitable candidates should have earned a Ph.D. in Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence) or a related discipline in all fields of Computer Science that complements and augments existing expertise in the focus areas of PMU’s strategic plan with more than 10 years academic experience in reputed university. Examples of research areas include, but are not limited to, cyber security, machine learning, computer vision, data analytics, programming languages, and bioinformatics.
Suitable candidatesmust be a Full Professor. Successful applicants are expected to develop a strong externally funded, globally recognized research program. They should also possess a passion for and be committed to excellence in both graduate and undergraduate education in a highly interdisciplinary, collaborative, diverse, innovative, and entrepreneurial culture.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Required)
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to influence and motivate constituencies which could span multiple organizational boundaries.
- Demonstrated record of planning and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound business decisions using good business judgment and innovative and creative problem-solving.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to cultivate professional and business partnerships.
- Relevant subject matter expertise.
- Experience managing research projects or research laboratories.
- Enthusiasm, responsibility, and team-building skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Remuneration and Benefits
University offers an income tax-free compensation package, commensurate with rank and experience, including 12-month salary, accommodation,annual vacation, and annual round-trip airfare to the home country, medical insurance and end of contract benefits.
All CVs will be treated in strict confidentiality.