The President Hotel
the first choice for discerning travelers who are seeking
the very best in warmth, comfort, price and convenience
is currently seeking to cover the position of
Mice Sales Representative
The person in this position is responsible for accounts that originate from corporate markets, MICE markets and new target Markets which includes developing new business, negotiating contracts and maintaining good relations with existing clients, in order to meet and exceed the targets set for their respective market.The candidate will be responsible for preparing all event documentation and coordinates with Sales, FB department and customer to ensure consistent, high level service throughout pre-event, event and post-event phases. Ensures their property events have a seamless turnover from sales to service back to sales. Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
- Achieve Sales & Marketing Target and Key Account Manager Target. Maintain good working relationship with all other areas of the hotel’s operations, such as Front Office, Food & Beverage, etc.
- Prospect by telephone cold-calling to establish new business.
- Plans sales activities by identifying potential clients, organizing sales calls and sales blitz to develop new business.
- Promote and cross selling the sister properties in order to increase the awareness of the Hotel brand in the region during each sales calls
- Follow-up with clients before, during and after the function/event/stay to ensure repeat business.
- Negotiates new contracts and renewals in order to meet sales targets.
- Ensures that events progress seamlessly by following established procedures, collaborating with other employees, and ensuring accuracy.
- Greets customer during the event phase and hands-off to the Event Operations team for the execution of details.
- Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures billing accuracy and conducts bill reviews with the clients prior to processing the final bill
- Acts as liaison between field sales person and customer throughout the event process (pre-event, event, post-event)
- Participates in customer site inspections and assists with the sales process as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs
- Solicits feedback from the departments to identify areas for improvement to enhance the Event Planner’s experience
- Coordinates and communicates event details both verbally and in writing to the customer and property operations
- Makes presence known to customer at all times during this process
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints
- Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels
- Assists in the sales process and revenue forecasting for customer groups
- Up-sells products and services throughout the event process
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor or diploma from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major;
- 4 year experience in the event management or related professional area required.
- Excellent knowledge of computer/internet platforms and of Fidelio
- English language excellent written and verbal skills
- Additional knowledge of any language will be an asset